Taking Care of YOU
As women we have a very bad habit of taking care of everyone around us but NOT ourselves. Or at least we come in dead last and only get whatever scraps we have left.
We run our kids to every extra activity their hearts desire. Making sure all of our families meals are prepped and ready when they are. Running every crazy errand that our household needs done. Taking others to doctors appointments and errands that they need done when they aren’t able.
Now don’t get me wrong, these are wonderful qualities to have. It shows how caring and loving you truly are. But, that doesn’t mean leaving those minute scraps for yourself. If you continue this way, you will totally drain yourself, and then who will take care of your loved ones?
It’s time you schedule time, daily, to actually take care of YOU!
To get you started focusing on yourself a little more, here are my Top 5 Daily “Me Times”:
- Start Your Day With Meditation. For me that means diving into a great Bible Study that helps me place my focus where it truly needs to be.
- Get Your Heart Pumping. I wish I could say this has always been a part of my morning routine but…well it’s new for me. I’ve never been a morning person but once I started using the 131 Method I began seeing an increase in my energy and it made it a little easier to get up and moving in the AM. Now a 20-30 minute workout before my shower is the only way to start my day!
- At Home Spa Treatments. Some call it “washing your face” but I choose to call it spa treatments. It sounds so much better right?! Everyone does something a little different because everyone’s skin is different. For me, I use my Soothe Wash before I workout, just a quick wash. Then my Unblemish Regimen for my morning spa time and the Redefined Regimen for my evening spa time. If you’re curious about what your spa treatment could look like, check out the Solution Tool on my website (and we can chat about it later if you’d like too).
- Building My Business. I know it may sound crazy, but working my business is one of the most amazing and fulfilling times of my day. It makes me feel like I can accomplish anything. Like I have a purpose, to help others feel amazing about themselves. That’s what my business really is all about, not selling skincare. Feeling confident in your beauty and your abilities – your own skin! I love knowing that I’m helping other women feel empowered.
- Reading Time. Never stop educating yourself. Never stop pouring into yourself. Never stop reading. Self-Help books, business books, empowerment books, they’re all going to help you build yourself into the amazing woman you are meant to be. Right now I’m reading EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey. I highly recommend it. Give yourself the gift of a good book!
The last little bit of help I’d like to give you is this. Schedule these “Me Times” into your days. Write them in pen. But…give yourself the love you need to step back when you need to step back and take a break. Don’t make yourself crazy over getting this all in every day. Start off small. Add just one of these in your day for the first week. Once you feel comfortable then you know it’s time to add another one. And then another. Until you are truly taking care of yourself. Your family and everyone that you take care of, will thank you for it!
Which one will you add to your days first?