Schedule Your Business Around Your Life
When you work for someone else you're schedule is at their mercy. You work the days they say and the hours they require. As a parent this also means you miss a lot of what's going on in your kids lives. There aren't many bosses that will let you come and go around your kiddos schedule.
Owning your own business means you have the freedom to come and go as you please. Never miss those dance competitions or game days. Spend actual quality time with your family. But it does require you to schedule that work time. Some times this is where people get frustrated and give up on their dream - business owners need to be scheduled.
These are my Top 5 Schedule Organization Tips:
- Get An Amazing Planner: Seriously, I can not even tell you how many planners I have gone through until I found the perfect one for me. Now I can't even imagine doing my life without it. BestSelf Journal is my business partner/life coach! I have a photo below of a personal page in my planner. Create goals, Track Them Weekly & Rate Them, Daily Schedule & Wins, etc.
- How I Use It: I plan out my life one week at a time (in detail that is). I go through and add all of my "non-negotiable's" first for the week. All the things my family and I need me to be a part of. Then I go back and schedule in my work time. I put my work time in red pen so I can't help but see it. I made myself a promise that I would work no less than 2 hours a day building my business so I make sure I have at least 2 hours of "work time" schedule every day.
- Commit To XX Amount Of Work Hours: One of the easiest things you can do when first starting out on your own is just winging it. That's called "treating your business like a hobby" and it will only produce a hobby paycheck for you. You still need to work your business. Give yourself a commitment of a certain number of minimum hours you will work your business each day. You can always do more on those days you have more time, but you need a minimum. We all have different schedules and life needs so your minimum hours are going to different from mine. Even if you just say 30 minutes a day in the beginning - that's a start and will get you moving forward!
- Learn To Work From Any Where: We all have running around to do, right? Things that are for our families and end up giving us some down time. While you're waiting, learn to use that time as your work time. The greatest part of your Rodan + Fields Business is being able to work from anywhere!! Use your phone. Your tablets. Or bring your laptop with you. Dance classes were several hours a night 5 days a week for me. My iPad & Phone were my go to team members in the evenings!
- Rise Early Or Stay Up Later: This one depends on you. Is it easier to get up earlier in the morning and work on your business for 30 minutes? Or are you a night person and it's easier to stay up 30 minutes later and put a little more work in on your business? Every one is different but if you just give yourself a bonus 30 minutes it will really pay off!
- Don't Give Up: You are going to have those days that you don't accomplish anything that you had scheduled that day. You're going to feel totally frustrated and like there is no way you can create your own business. You need to squash that little liar of a voice in your head, cut yourself some slack and start a new day tomorrow. We are all human and all have bad days. The successful humans are the ones that don't let those bad days define them.
Scheduling Your Success
I know everyone is going to do things a little different in their business. And that's fantastic! Creating your own business is all about making it your own. Take tips from successful people and tweak them to create your own success!
Ready to find out more?
I'd love to talk with you about creating your own Rodan + Fields Business. Share with you all that it has to offer and all the awesome incentives that come with joining my team. Contact me now to schedule some time to talk (absolutely no obligation to join up until you are ready).
Empowering Women - Empowering Our Future