Creating Real Goals
It’s easy to say “I want to build my dream life”. Right?! You can say it until you’re blue in the face. But what is going to make you actually reach that “goal”? You need to be able to create real goals – something with a plan to attain them.
5 Steps To Creating Real Goals (And Reaching Them):
- Start With Your Why: Knowing your why is one of the most important steps to creating your tasks to reach your goals. What is your reason? What is going to drive you to reach your ideal? These are so helpful to keep in mind while trying to reach your goals. Why do you care about your goal?
- Write Down Your Progress Goals: For each goal, I like to give myself at least 3 progress goals. These are mini goals I need to reach to meet my ultimate goal.
- For Example: My 13 week goal is to increase my business by 25%. My 3 Progress Goals are – Increase my team by 4 new members. Help 5 new friends get the best skin of their life. Create a “First 30 Day Training System” for my new team members.
- Give Each Progress Goal an Action or Task: Further breaking down these Progress Goals in to 3 tasks or action steps helps you achieve these mini goals.
- Another Example: “First 30 Day Training System” Action Steps – Create a private training section on my website. Build an automated “Welcome” email. Create the automated series to help my new consultants start out with a bang.
- Write Down How Reaching Your Goal Will Improve Your Life: I’m sure you’ve thought about this but write it down. Give detail about how reaching this goal will improve your life. You’re going to have those days where you don’t feel like doing your action steps. So when you write it down, write it in a way that you can sell yourself on continuing down the road on those tough days.
- Write Down How You Will Reward Yourself: So something I’ve had to change was what my rewards would be. Think of something you could really use for a reward. Like mine for the next 13 weeks is $100 in new clothes for myself. When I reach my 13 Week Goal I will be taking myself on exciting shopping spree!
This and so much more is just one of the wonderful Goal Tracking Techniques I’ve learned through using my BestSelf Journal. It’s a planner & journal all in one and I feel so much more organized because of it! Grab a new one quarterly so you are just focusing on 13 weeks at a time – nothing too overwhelming. I have a planner I’ve created specifically for my R+F Business and for my team members (join my team to get yours too)! Let’s chat about your goals (and reaching them) in 2019.